Awakening Compassion - Meditation Practice for Difficult Times - 6 CD audio book by Pema Chödrön is a 'lojong,' or mind training, Buddhist teaching talk with a special meditation technique and complemented by 59 written maxims—a treasury of practical wisdom that inspires everyday awareness.
For more than 800 years, Tibetan Buddhists have used the practice of lojong, or mind training, to transform difficulties into insights. Lojong training is grounded in a special meditation technique and complemented by 59 written maxims—a treasury of practical wisdom that inspires everyday awareness. On Awakening Compassion, Pema Chödrön, one of the Western world's best-known lojong teachers and practitioners, shows you how to use your own painful emotions as stepping stones to wisdom, compassion and fearlessness.
You will learn how to make friends with the painful parts of your life experience and how to use your natural courage and honesty to transform even the most difficult situations. With an informal teaching style, both playful and insightful, Pema Chödrön makes this timeless way of bringing compassion into the world easy to understand and apply to your own life. More than seven hours of practical, compassionate guidance for shedding your cocoon and meeting your world with fresh appreciation.
Awakening Compassion includes nine-page study guide with lojong slogans and additional resources.
Learn More About:
* How to see your life freshly, clearly and vividly
* Using the lojong slogans to cultivate your bravery
* The attitude of a bodhisattva, or fully awakened person
* Practical techniques for working with jealousy, resentment, and rage
* How to open your heart in even the most difficult situations
* On-the-spot practices for dealing with anger, jealousy and fear
* How to change the habits that shut you off from those who love you most
* The secret of transforming conflict into genuine communication
Contents: 6 CD 's ( 7 hours, 30 minutes ) 1 Study guide ( 9 pages )
Enjoy Awakening Compassion - Meditation Practice for Difficult Times - 6 CD audio book by Pema Chödrön? See below for more Buddhist talks.